Friday, September 16, 2011

The Ultimate Bagel-wich, (aka the Max)

I recently started working at this great bagel shop in Isla Vista, known as bagel cafe... http://www.facebook.com/BagelCafe


I am allowed one bagel per day to pack with as much salmon, avocado, tomato, cream cheese (every flavor) and lemon pepper to my hearts desire.  Unfortunately, I made this bagel and took these photos prior to getting hired at Bagel Cafe.  So there are many other much other bagel sandwiches to come, although this one will always be my favorite.


The Max (named fondly after my boyfriend)


You need:
Bagels, I enjoy the everything bagel, ("galaxy" at Bagel Cafe)
Lox
Red Onion
Chive Cream Cheese, or Chives and Cream Cheese
Eggs
Salt, Pepper, Butter, and
a little milk or cream




Slice onion thinly, cut and toast bagel.  Meanwhile, beat eggs (I normally do two at a time) with a pinch of salt and pepper, and a tsp of cream.  It is important to beat the egg lots!  Next, add a tablespoon of butter to a small skillet over medium heat.  Add egg, and cooked until moist, yet not too runny.   Spread a generous amount of chive cream cheese and/or chives on to the toasted bagel, then top with lox.  Finally add onion, and egg, and you have a wonderful breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment